Welcome to 58th edition of the Philosophers’ Carnival!
I am happy to be hosting the carnival again and glad to see that it seems to be doing well. I always liked the way that Avery did the 46th (international) Carnival and so I modeled this edition on his ‘psuedo-conference’ format. What follows is, indeed, a ‘narrow cross-section of philosophy from accross the web’.
Special Session on the Employability of Philosophers
- Presenter: Tom Brooks, The Brooks Blog
The truth is out there: employers want philosophers
- Respondent: Rich Cochrane, Big Ideas
The Value of a Philosophical Education
Symposium on Philosophy of Science
- Sharon Crasnow, Knowledge and Experience
Is Science Based on Faith?
- Matt Brown, Weitermachen!
Common Sense, Science, and “Evidence for Use”
Symposium on Race and Liberty
- Richard Chapell, Philosophy, et cetera
- Joseph Orosco, Engage: Conversations in Philosophy
It’s Only Racism When I Say It Is
- Ben Burgis, (Blog & ~Blog)
Why Contradictions Don’t Explode (or, “How Not To Argue Against Dialetheism,” pt. 1)
Symposium on Philosophy of Consciousness
- Tanasije Gjorgoski, A brood comb
The Myth of ‘Phenomenal/Conscious Experience’
- Richard Brown, Philosophy Sucks!
Priming and Change Blindness
- Gabriel Gottlieb, Self and World
Pre-reflective Consciousness: A Fichtean Intervention
Symposium on Metaphysics and Epistemology
- Marco, El Blog de Marcos
Truthmaking and Explanation
- Kenny Pearce, blog.kennypearce.net
What Does Bayesian Epistemology Have To Do With Probabilities?
Symposium on Philosophy of Religion
- Dave Maier, DuckRabbit
D’Souza vs. Dawkins
- Enigman, Enigmania
Is the Free-will Defence Defensible?
- Chris Hallquist, The Uncredible Hallq
What’s the deal with philosophy of religion?
I hope you enjoyed! Be sure to check out future editions of the Philosophers’ Carnival.
- Submit your blog article to the next edition of philosophers’ carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page